Tuesday, July 10, 2007

8 random facts (now with tags!)

Mr Verb has tagged me for a round of blog tag. This isn't the usual "What's your least favorite cereal?" questionnaire. In fact there are no questions. Only a request for eight facts about myself that I care to share. So it's completely my fault if it's a boring list. Let's see how I do. But first I have to post the rules.

------------------------

This is another meme experiment:

  1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.

  2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

  3. People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and include these rules in the post.

  4. At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

  5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


------------------------


My random facts:

  1. I was a vocal soloist in the 2nd oldest college Glee Club in the United States.* It was a short bit in a West Side Story medley.

  2. I never did an X-bar graph until I started my doctorate

  3. My first teaching job was at a parochial boarding school in North Dakota. I was the English Department. 5 years.

  4. The highest paying job I've had was a union job working nights at the Kellogg's factory in Battle Creek.

  5. I once laid down my motorcycle taking a corner too fast.

  6. I drink at least two pots of tea or coffee a day (except for the last 10 days during which I've had no caffeine at all--I'm doing well).

  7. I once shook hands with Christopher Parkening and felt guilty because I used such a firm grip and he used none. The man is a champion fly-fisherman and I'm sure he could have broken my wrist if he wanted.

  8. I'm a television junkie. One summer when I was a child I regularly watched 14 hours a day. Thank you Nick@Nite. I don't do that regularly anymore but on any given day I can easily get that many hours in. It's the only multitasking I can do.



I'll tag the eight others soon. I have a few people in mind but I don't really feel like sending out all those comments right now. I'll list them as an update on this post.

*That's what they always told us back in the 90s. But the website now only claims the club is "one of the oldest" in the US. Ah antedating...


I'm interested to see what facts/habits these eight people think are interesting about themselves. And their blogs have been open to this kind of light fare. So...

Tag Buffy
Tag Daniel
Tag Casey
Tag Brian
Tag Marc
Tag Jon (who needs a break from fiction)
Tag Jeff
Tag Carissa

No pressure. It's only a suggestion for a post. Ignore it if you will.

5 comments:

  1. I need to think about my eight facts for a day or two. I don't think I have eight friends on blogger that haven't already been tagged--are repeats okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Verb tagged me in a group of only 5.

    So there is precedent for bucking the rules.

    And who's gonna enforce any of this nonsense anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If everybody does 8, we'd be at 8 and half billion in ten turns ... and that would be you, actually, in this particular string, so I'd say you pretty much have to repeat - or leave the species!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So ridger--did this start with Ironicus Maximus and get to you?

    Have you traced it farther back than that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9. Coyote Mercury
    10. George at I'm not one to blog, but...
    11. Dicionaopolis in Digitopolis
    12. Becca at No Smoking in the Skullcave!
    13. Dr Monkey at Monkey Muck
    14. Matty Boy of Lotsa 'Splainin 2 Do
    15. somebody called Padre Mickey, who I can't find...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reaching out.

You can also contact me at wishydig[at]gmail[d0t]com.