Monday, September 21, 2009

They must be so honored

It's bragging, yes. But you can't blame me. There's obviously no way I believe I deserve the association.

A few months ago I wrote about the silliness of Paul Payack's word-counting scheme. I had forgotten all about the post. Then a couple days ago I tracked some incoming links and found that Stan Carey* had made mention of my thoughts. That's always nice. I went to check out what he said. Here's what I found:

I’ll limit the links to a handful, each of which I heartily recommend: Ben Zimmer, Jesse Sheidlower, Grant Barrett, Michael Covarrubias, and David Crystal.


One of these is not like the others. I left a comment saying that being in such company reminded me of George Gobel's famous line:



It's not often I can so proudly proclaim that I'm in over my head.



*Note that Carey's blog Sentence First has been on the sidebar for some time now.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, sir! We knew this all along, of course. :-)

    That clip is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reaching out.

You can also contact me at wishydig[at]gmail[d0t]com.