Wednesday, August 18, 2010

IPA Palette now available for 64-bit Snow Leopard

About a year ago I asked if anyone could help me get IPA Palette working on Snow Leopard. I didn't get much of a response. I found some workarounds.

A couple days ago, Brian 'Moses' Hall, the author of IPA Palette, found the post and responded.

Snow Leopard "broke" some aspects of Input Methods (because it suddenly went all 64-bit crazy) so people like me (and those write screen saver plugins and such) suddenly had to scramble. IPA Palette 2.0 addresses all these changes and works great on SL. Cheers, Moses Hall.


So IPA Palette 2.0b4 is available for download.

A couple images:



It's a nice utility. I've set up some text replacement preferences for most of my IPA input, but I'll definitely use IPA palette for more of the fine tuning and narrow transcriptions.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone notice the retroflex flap is in the trill row? I didn't until it was pointed out to me a few weeks ago! This is a notice to all readers about the beauty of Open Source software: I get to listen to hundreds or thousands of users who help me iteratively refine my free software, and my payoff is that I get to Google myself and see that maybe I have made a real difference.

    IPA Palette: NOT coming soon to an App Store near you.

    Cheers, "Moses" Hall K8TIY, www.blugs.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reaching out.

You can also contact me at wishydig[at]gmail[d0t]com.