Tuesday, July 20, 2010


Does this sound all right to you?

I know most of my readers are American, but does that sound like a convincing British accent?

Before you decide to use the tutorial to infiltrate the London scene, read John Wells's simple and detailed explanation of where Tracy Goodwin gets it all wrong.

[Update: They say there's no such thing as bad press, as long as they spell your name right.

I think Ms Goodwin would prefer they mangle her name. My thanks to OSF for providing this link in the comments.


  1. Hey, Michael, you should check out this clip from the British TV show Graham Norton. The Brits don't think her accent is believable either.

  2. Here's the link:

  3. that's hilarious. thank you.


Thanks for reaching out.

You can also contact me at wishydig[at]gmail[d0t]com.